[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

Shyam Subramanian shyamsub at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 23:30:45 CDT 2012

SrI lalitAlAlita,

Namaste. I am slightly confused about this issue.

The majority of brAhmaNa-s today  do acts which are explicitly
prohibited in shAstra-s
(eating at restaurants, going to mleccha deSa etc) and do not do the acts
which they are supposed to do (agnihotrAdi) - this is including even
those who do sandhyAvandana
and some devatArcana.

Why is this shAstra-viruddha behaviour less shAstra-viruddha than
the upanayanam of a Westerner being done by his guru? I agree that
you did not says so explicitly, but it seems to me that there is an
implicit assumption
that this is true.

Please note that I am not saying that we cannot point out dharma-viruddha
acts even if we are not behaving as per dharma. It is simply not clear
to me how to compare
and say which act is less or more dhArmic.

Regards,
Shyam