[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Jul 16 16:11:54 CDT 2012

In case anyone is wondering who this kman character is, he pops up from
time to time with incoherent, insult-filled ramblings (while lecturing
others about ahimsa! LOL) but otherwise contributes nothing.  The only
reason I am responding to this scurrilous post before I eject him is that
there are several canards that reasonable people also sometimes believe.

> For all you 1% ers clutching the Smrithis/Shruti can never attain Brhman
> for sure as Shankara himself has said.

...so this is an argument for not giving out Upanayanas yes?

> Even Shankara got enlightened only
> by a Mleecha, you can make stories that he was Shiva himself, even then
> Shiva did not find it beneath himself to be a Mleecha.

You are refering to the dantakatha about Shiva Bhagavan appearing in the
form of a Chandala in Kashi.  This is found in tikas on the mayapanchaka
not in Shankaracharyas writings themselves.  If you care so much about
Advaita Vedanta take the trouble to actually find out what it says.

> So understand that enlightenment will not come in your cocoon i.e
> Shruti/Smrithi.

And upanayana is the symbol of shrauta/smarta karma not enlightenment.

> This varnashrama held us down for 100s of years. It is hard to believe
> that educated illiterates here talk about varna and Jati at birth. If
> that is so science could have found it by now.

Science _has_ found it out.  I provided links to some of the research
remember?  India has practiced endogamy for not hundreds but thousands of
years through the highest points of its history and the lowest.  You can
interpret the consequences of that however you like but the idea that jati
was ever about anything other than birth is a complete non-starter.

> You all are counting the whole for the donut as they say. On one hand
> preach that we are all one and then turn around and say we are of 4
> varnas.

We aren't all one.  In fact the idea that we should all be fit into one
mould smacks of fascism to me if we're going to be name-calling.

So you don't believe in oneness with the pig?  It's almost enough to think
less of you.  Goodbye.