[Advaita-l] Aparna Name of Parvati

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 23:05:19 CDT 2012

Namaste

The Hindi serial shown on Life OK, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has become
very popular and people are watching like the Ramayana and Mahabharata
serials many years back. I and my family will not miss even one
episode. If we miss we will see it in Youtube. The language is Suddha
Hindi mixed with Sanskrit words but not mixed with Mleccha Bhasha like
Masala Hindi in Hindi films.

Parvati is doing Tapas to get Siva as husband and eating only leaves
as food. But after some time she is not eating leaves also and only
eating air. Then Siva comes to her and praising her. She is Aparna
because she is not eating even leaves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XsLp3gUgZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O28HRTI9Yac

Many episodes are in Youtube.

In Lalita Sahasra Nama how is Bhaskara Raya explaining the Name Aparna?

-Venkatesh