[Advaita-l] Cotard Syndrome and Brahman Realisation

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Wed Jun 6 10:42:27 CDT 2012

Dear Sri Rajaram Venkatraman
I have read about the Cotard Syndrome and Capgras syndrome in the book -The
Tell Tale Brain by Sri V.S.Ramachandran.He speaks about it-Cotard - as
either as a result of acute mental depression or associated withTLE-temporal
lobe epilepsi.Your telling that these syndrome effects may also be as a
result of nidhidhyasana and restraining the senses  and making them looking
inward-prathyahara-in my opinion may not be correct.It may tantamount to
calling an ardent sadhaka  as mentally sick.R.Krishnamoorthy.
R.Krishnamoorthy.