[Advaita-l] Pancha Kanya Questions

Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 09:46:58 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan
<svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Boundary lines may not exist in our scriptures, but there is nevetheless a
> zone of transition and a question of relative emphasis. In the vast material
> available in the bRhadAraNyaka Sruti, the sections on child bearing, spousal
> relations etc constitute a small portion. The majority of the material in the
> text is on Atma-vicAra. In the topics of discussion on this list, especially
> when you start a thread, this proportion seems to get exactly reversed.
>
> Why?
>
> Finally, on this list, we have a good number of women as members too.
> In a topic like this, having brought it up, aren't you the least bit curious to
> find out what women think about it? A handful of men are dominating the
> debate merrily and not even giving a little breathing space for some of our
> women members to weigh in on the topic!

Quite frankly, I wish the moderators would come down harder. A few
people including the instigator of this ridiculous topic have managed
to get this list down to a screeching halt. In the past I would just
wait till people like this got tired of ranting and left. And the list
would go on as usual with its good threads. Now there are about 5
people who have the most postings in any given month, who just will
not stop. Any topic under the sun will elicit 50 posts from these
folks. And the topics that come up for discussion have gone from bad
to worse. I have kind of given up at this stage. Why are people going
on and on about topics that have 0 relevance to this list?

Rama