[Advaita-l] Why should Brahman be without form or attributes?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 05:53:39 CDT 2012

Suresh - PraNAms
Not sure your background.
Brahman means infinite - guna is an attribute belongs to prakRiti. Only finite can have attributes that differentiates one finite from the other. Even infinite is only negation of any finiteness. advaita means non-dual and it has to be infinite since duality implies divisions while infinite cannot have divisions. Hence advaita cannot have divisions since it is infinite and hence it has to be nirguNa.
However infinte cannot be recognized or known since it is infinite. Scriptures point out that it is of the nature of existence-consciousness. Hence it can be known via finites that exists using the conscious subject that I am.
The rest you need to contemplate on.
Hari Om!
Sadananda