[Advaita-l] Adi Sankara condemns Jagat Nimitta Karana Vada of Ananda Teertha

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:50:23 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM, <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have advaita acharyas pro-actively attacked vishishtadvaita, dwaita or
> bhedabheda? They might have pointed out the flaws therein and responded to
> polemical attacks but did they dedicate works to condemn them like dwaitins
> or vishishtadvaitins did?

Though I have not read these books, I have heard of Appayya Dikshitar's
'madhva tantra mukha mardanam', and one or two more titles, an attack on
Dvaita.  These have been 'replied' too by scholars of that school.
Dikshitar has also authored another work 'chatur mata saara sangrahaH'
dedicating one section to each of Advaita,  Shiva advaita, Vishishtadvaita
and Dvaita, showing how each of the last three can be progressively leading
to Advaita.  This is published and available.

And another 'mANikya manjari' by a more recent author, a retaliation to the
'maNi manjari' of the Madhva school.  This is more of a character
assassination than a work on the philosophy.

subrahmanian.v