[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva - Faith or Logic?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jun 26 05:59:49 CDT 2012

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Let me gently remind you, a veritable master of the Acharya's Bhashya
vAkyams, that it is a case of laukika and vaidika karma.  In the
janmAdyasya yataH (second sutra bashyam and not the fourth as I had
doubtfully mentioned erlier)

>  If memory serves me right, shankara, similarly, does talk about dhyAna
in 4th sUtra bhAshya.  dhyAnaM purusheNa kartuM, akartuM anyathAvA kartuM
shakyaM ( exact words cannot recall, but it should be something similar to
this!!).

Hence there will be no 'doSha' from choosing one or the other options
provided by the shAstra.

>  I agree that if anyathAkartuM is an alternative option provided by
shAstra itself.

Of course, if one refrains from either of the options, within a main
karma, there will be karma lopa.  This kind of dosha/lopa is there for any
act/abstinence, even laukika.

>  Yes, but shAstra vihita vidhi/nishedha plays an important role in the
sAdhaka's path unlike laukika 'akartuM' option :-))

Anyway, this topic is not directly related to 'aparusheyatva of veda-s',
so let us stop this discussion.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar