[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

S L Shivashankar slshivashankar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:55:28 CDT 2012

Namaste Sriram,

> So, *lOkOyaM bhAratavarSaH* says the amarakOsa.   If one possess the grand
> & noble vision of sloka *mAtA cha pArvati dEvO pitA dEvO mahEshwaraH /
> bAndhavAH shivabhaktAscha swadEshO bhuvanatrayaM*, one can take the
> westerners into the hindu fold.  Once they come into our fold, they become
> *shUdrAs*.  Let they undergo shUdra saMskAra as per shUdra kamalAkara
> mayUkha.

I can speak from years of personal experience here: I have myself undergone
upanayanam many years ago, and I have never on any occasion encountered any
traditional pandit or acharya who has said this was a mistake. On the
contrary, they have been very happy finding out that a westerner (i am from
Sweden) have undergone upanayanam, and they have encouraged me and
instructed me to strictly perform my sandhyavandanam, performing pujas and
study traditional vedic chanting. Moreover, I have several western friends
with similar experiences from traditional acharyas, pandits and mathas.

Warmest regards
S. L. Shivashankar
(a.k.a. Stig Lundgren)