[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

Kathirasan K brahmasatyam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 01:09:06 CDT 2012

Namaste Lalitalalitaji,

While I do not disagree with your distinction between traditionalists and
the reformists, I beg to differ in the choice of words used based on the
characteristics you have mentioned for each of them. I would say that the
traditionalists you are talking are more the 'conservatives' while the
reformists are 'evolutionaries'.

Personally, I wish that these conservatives don't pick and choose what
suits their cause and leave out scriptural injunctions that they themselves
do not follow. This is also hypocrisy in one form. One good example will be
the few 'conservative' sannyasis of today who despite knowing the rules of
sannyasa, don't wish to follow it to the letter. But they would be quick to
point out how everyone else is not following scriptural injunctions.

I personally resonate with the evolutionaries who are endowed with the
'sukshma buddhi' to bring about a change in the social fabric of the
vaidikas or Hindus. I would illustrate the evolution of Hinduism from
allowing a polygamous marriage to a monogamous one as also part of the
evolution I am talking about.

Kathirasan