[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Wed Jun 27 01:26:47 CDT 2012

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com/>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://dooid.com/lalitaalaalitah>*

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Kathirasan K <brahmasatyam at gmail.com>wrote:

> Personally, I wish that these conservatives don't pick and choose what
> suits their cause and leave out scriptural injunctions that they themselves
> do not follow. This is also hypocrisy in one form. One good example will be
> the few 'conservative' sannyasis of today who despite knowing the rules of
> sannyasa, don't wish to follow it to the letter. But they would be quick to
> point out how everyone else is not following scriptural injunctions.

You are correct in pointing hypocrisy.
But if a person knowing scriptures is allowed only when he fully follows
the read things, then I don't think you can bring anyone in front of me to
tell anything about scriptures as it is very easy to find faults in people.
So, the practical way is that those who have studied enough tell things to
others, irrespective of their own ability to follow the studied things.
This is what you all do. We all do. You don't and can't do everything you
read. That's limitation of ability. But, a person who has limited ability
to follow scriptures may have unlimited capacity of study and decide things
related to scriptures. Both are different things and depend on different
qualities. So, in that case following such person is needed very much.
Another thing, truth is truth even if it is told by a person who is not
behaving according to it. Fire will not leave you unburned if you don't put
faith on words of a man who is not following scriptures in every way.
So, it is for better of all to follow scriptures, irrespective of other
people. Don't depend on other people's behavior to determine truth. You
will suffer more than them most probably.