[Advaita-l] Brahmin bridegrooms not getting brides

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:23:52 CDT 2012

> > All this shows that there is a long dhArmika history behind what the Sringeri
> > Acharya has suggested. Having said this, let me say something else. Asking
> > the question, "is this a correct approach?" is superfluous and the paragraphs
> > I've written above are totally unnecessary. If Sringeri Acharya recommends
> > a course of action, you can rest assured that it is in accordance with dharma,
... ... ...

> We have to find out what Sringeri Acharya said exactly. If he said you
> can marry vegetarian girls from any caste including Sudras it is a
> problem. If he said marry from Kshatriya and Vaisya castes there may
> still be a problem.

Firstly, you refuse to get my point about SraddhA that what the Sringeri
Acharya recommends will always be in accordance with dharma. Do you
think he holds custody of a Peetham with a hoary history and tradition,
without the knowledge of dharma that will have taken all your above
questions into account already?

If you want to keep finding problems with the advice given by the Sringeri
Acharya, then please, by all means, do not go to him for guidance and if
you have not gone to him directly, please do not cite what he supposedly
said to somebody at some time. There are hundreds of other Acharyas
whom you could contact for these issues. If you are interested in finding
out what exactly the Sringeri Acharya said, you should contact somebody
officially from the Sringeri Peetham or better still, simply go and ask the
Swamiji in person yourself. Thousands of people see him every day and
ask similar questions. This forum is hardly the place to speculate.

On the flip side, almost every one among the thousands who go to him
is only interested in what to eat and whom to sleep with. Nobody seems
to want to seriously pursue any vedAnta vicAra and seek advice on what
they need to do to gain the necessary qualifications for it. And this forum,
meant for advaita vedAnta discussion, shares the same fate. Can we put
these topics to rest soon?

Vidyasankar