[Advaita-l] ’upAsana' and 'bhakti'

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:50:32 CST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Venkata sriram P
<venkatasriramp at yahoo.in> wrote:

> *Atmanastu kAmAya sarvaM priyaM bhavati*.
>
> Devi Says:
>
> madrUpatvEna jIvAnAM chintanaM kurutE tu yaH
> yathA svasyAtmani prItistathaiva cha parAtmani
>
> As the para-bhaktA sees Devi in himself, he only loves his own self and only Himself.

Thanks for posting this.  I was thinking of the same line from
bRhadaraNyakopanishad for the  last few days. aatmanas tu kaamaaya
sarvam priyam bhavati.  aacharya's words svasvaruupa anusandhaaanam
bhaktiriti uchyate  is pretty precise and reflects this. Even the
prema ruupa of bhakti is because of this only.

I think this bhakti is an innate nature of jiva-s just like gravity in
the physical universe.

Ravi

Ravi