[Advaita-l] Is brahman sarvajna? What about omnipotence?

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 05:30:08 CDT 2012

As Sri Vidyasankar has given me some homework to read gaudapadakarika is
sanskrit, I have to hold back on responding to Ishwara is Turiya thread. I
have to give room for changing, based on that study, what I learnt by
myself or from others. During this time that I am grounded, I encourage
others to find answers to the question on who or what is Ishwara and Turiya
- not based on popular opinion - but on the works of Gaudapada and Sankara.

Sri Subrahmanian and Sri Bhaskar quoted Brahmasutra Bhashya to say that
Ishwara's sarvajnatvam is due to His upadhi. That this refers to
Hiranyagarbha and not Ishwara is not acceptable on the basis of Sankara
using the term Ishwara. This position needs to be revisted after we answer
the questions "Is Brahman sarvajna or not? What about omnipotence of
Brahman?"