[Advaita-l] Comments of an ISCKON follower

abhishek sm abhishek046 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 12:20:39 CDT 2012

Also Sri Chaitanya regarded the BhavArtha dipika(a commentary on the
Bhagavata purana) of Jagadguru Sridhara swami(an advaitin) as the
best. Vallabhacharya ridiculed Swami Sridhara saying, "He writes
whatever he understands at that point of time". Chaitanya is said to
have given a brilliant purport- "I consider them among prostitutes,
those who do not respect the swami"!! Although it implies to wives who
do not respect their husbands(swami), it is an indirect reply to
Vallabha. Whether this Vallabhacharya is the same Vallabha of
Shuddadvaita or not is not clear.