[Advaita-l] Comments of an ISCKON follower

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:40:39 CDT 2012

On Monday, March 19, 2012, Sunil Bhattacharjya <
sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It is not proper to claim that Madhusoodana Saraswati considered
Sdvaita-siddhi to be different from attaining Sayujya-Mukti. Sayujya means
the oneness with the Lord. According to the Bhagavatam  the ardent bhakta
gets the Jnana through Lord's grace (and this occurs in the very present
life without the need for anther life for Krama-Mukti) and  thereby
obviously the Jnani-bhakta attains Sayujya-Mukti

No Swami. If you see Bhagavatam, sayujyam is treated as one of the five
types of liberation. A devotee shuns that. He attains the state of Vishnu.
You can see the commentary of Sridhara Swami on this. Madhusudana follows
this quite. Sringeri Periyava is quite right, ( who are we to certify him?
:)), in saying that sayujya is different from Advaita Siddhi.

As I said earlier, in saloka, you have to go to the world of a particular
god that you really like. In sarupya, you have to assume the form of the
Lord that you like. This is all in the realm of Hiranyagarbha. In sayujya,
you become one with Avyakta. But Advaita Siddhi is different. You attain
the state of Vishnu, who is beyond all names and forms.