[Advaita-l] Sakti as Mantra in Mantra Sastra-4

sriram a srirudra at vsnl.com
Thu Mar 22 09:59:15 CDT 2012

Dears

Yes Bijaksharas do not bear any meaning in the ordinary
sense of a word and its meaning.But they are associated with the
devathas in such a fashion that one can not separate the devatha from
the bijakshara which represents the deity/devatha.These bijaksharas
should have been evolved through meditation by the seekers of Truth.And
here the uchadanam is very relevant.Wrong recital may result in
prathyavayam.We have heard that Valmiki as a hunter could not pronounce
Rama and he was iniated with mara and continuous chanting mara resulted
in the chant of Rama.He then got the inspiration to write Sri
Ramayana.So if one is sincere to recite the iniated mantra the
corresponding deity/devatha will understand that and the Deity only
values the devotion of the chanter.Ofcourse we had seen there is nothing
like that in this forum also under Upasana and Bhakthi.R.Krishnamoorthy.