[Advaita-l] Sankhya and Yoga can give Moksha?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:23:20 CDT 2012

Namaste

In some book I remember Sri Abhinava Vidya Teertha has said he was
doing Pranayama in the ratio 1-4-2. Inhale for some time. Hold breath
for 4 X time and Exhale for 2 X time. But his Guru asked to do the
ratio 1-2-2. He did not do Vajroli.

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Sunil Bhattacharjya
<sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Namaste,
>
> To my knowledge there is no mention as to whether Adi Sankara practised any Yogic exercises but there is mention that he was adept in Vajroli Mudra, probably the most advanced Yogic Kriya. That convinces me that he (Adi sankaracharya) was also adept in the Asanas and the Mudras.
>
> Regards,
> Sunil KB

-Venkatesh