[Advaita-l] Books on Bhagawatham.

Sarma KV sarmakv at gmail.com
Thu May 31 11:45:00 CDT 2012

Dear Sri Sunil,

Please refer to Valmiki Ramayana Ayodhya Kanda sarga 39, SlOka-s 15 to 17.

vaasaamsi cha mahaarhaaNi bhuushaNaani varaaNi cha |
varSaaNyEtaani samkhyaaya vaidehyaaH kshipramaanaya ||

narEndrENa evamuktastu gatvaa koshaagRiham tataH |
praayacchat sarvam aahRitya seetaayai kshipramEva tat ||

saa sujaataa sujaataani vaidehee prasthitaa vanam |
bhooshayaamaasa gaatraaNi tairvicitrairvibhooshaaNaiH ||

In these SlOka-s, It is said DaSaratha ordered for ornaments to be brought
for Sita. Sita wore them and set out for the forests.

Also, refer to Aranya Kanda the sarga-s where Ravana comes to kidnap Sita.
He talks lecherously and describes the ornaments she was wearing at time.
If you are not satisfied with the above reference I can fetch you the
kidnap episode SlOka-s also.

-Sarma

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Sunil Bhattacharjya <
sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> One cannot jump to a conclusion without thinking. Sita did not wear the
> ornaments when she proceeded on vanavasa but the Ramayana did not say that
> Sita kept her ornaments in Ayodhya before leaving Ayodhya. Sita knew that
> she would need that at the end of the vanavasa when she would return to
> Ayodhya after 14 years.
>
> The difference between a Jnani and an Ajnani is that the former gets his
> composure immediately, whereas the latter does not.
>

> Regards,
> Sunil KB

नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकम्।
शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः ।।

धन्योस्मि
- श्यामसुन्दर शर्मा
http://anantavaram.blogspot.com