[Advaita-l] Information requested

ramesam vemuri ramesamvijaya at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 10:46:12 CST 2012

Sir,

This is not a direct answer to the query specifically; but can be of some use to address the second part of the enquiry ("to understand it more").

Shiva Manasa Puja is narrated by Sage Vasishta to Rama as a dialog between Lord Shiva and Sage Vasishta. Their dialog takes place on the auspicious 8th day in the New Moon phase of the month Shravana which is celebrated as Krishna janmashtami by us.

Shiva's sermon begins in the 29th Sarga and goes on till the 42nd in the First part of the Sixth Chapter: Nirvana in Yogavaasishta.

The bottomline is to live life each moment in total dedication of every activity to the Supreme Self without any ego-consciousness -- not even the feeling of "I am surrendering/dedicating."

(For more Info please see: Yogavaasishta, Part V, Liberation - Book I, Kuppa Venkata Krishna Murthy, English rendering by Vemuri Ramesam, Avadhoota Datta Peetham, Mysore 570025, India, 2010, pp: 340).

regards