[Advaita-l] Fw: [USBrahmins] Re: Fw: [hc] Reinterpreting Dwaita versus Adwaita by sanjay rao

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:14:32 CDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Sunil Bhattacharjya <
sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The Davitins and Visistadvaitins cannot realize that till the Videhamukti
> (ie. till
> the parting with the Vyavaharika existence) the Advaitins appreciate the
>
> following of the Vyavaharika  norms, as set out in the
> dharma/neeti-shastras
>
> while at the same time aspiring for the realization of the paramarthika
> Satya.
>
> Regards,
> Sunil KB

It is a pity that even very learned scholars of Dvaita have made statements
such as 'when everything is same (for Advaitins) there is no difference
(for them) between a spouse and a parent. '  One blogger (not Dvaitin) told
me: 'you can eat excreta since for you both excreta and food are the
same.'  Such is the dismal understanding of Advaita on their part.  There
is a Sanskrit saying: 'abaddham paThitvA kuchodyam karoti' - a person
grasps a subject erroneously and raises inappropriate questions.

On another count I have it from the authority of top ranking Advaita
scholars that the objections against Advaita from the other schools is
solely because of a wrong understanding on their part of the Advaita
shAstra.  If only one understands Advaita correctly he will have nothing to
object against it.

regards
subrahmanian.v