[Advaita-l] Ramana's method

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Oct 10 07:31:32 CDT 2012

You seem to be of the opinion that only shruti vAkya AS IS is useful for
realization in the tradition while I feel that as long as any teaching is
derivative of the shruti, basing itself on the advaita tattva, it holds
good for realization.

praNAms Sri praveen prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Those who know the importance of saMpradAya & sAmpradAyik teaching would
say sAmpradAyik teaching will be through shAstra only not by any other
means or any bits and pieces from individual teacher's teaching.  shankara
somewhere says if any teaching, however strong it is, comes out of the
tradition that has to be discarded as invalid.  Anyway, this is what
sampradAya vida-s stand on Agama and untya pramANa status of vedAnta
shAstra.  But nowadays we hardly see this rigidity in practicality of
advaita saMpradAya. Hence, I have to agree with your observation going by
the current trend :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar