[Advaita-l] Ramana's method

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:11:02 CDT 2012

Hari Om, Bhaskarji,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> shankara
> somewhere says if any teaching, however strong it is, comes out of the
> tradition that has to be discarded as invalid.

Could you please explain the meaning of "out of tradition"? That phrase is
ambiguous. Does it mean that the teaching that comes from the tradition or
one that goes out of tradition and so is against? If you mean the latter,
its meaningless to our discussion since I'm considering only teaching with
traditional basis. If you meant former, then I'd be shocked to know that
Bhagavatpada says that teaching that develops from the tradition has to be
discarded!

gurupAdukArpaNamastu,
--praveen