[Advaita-l] Ramana's method

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 11:09:10 CDT 2012

PraNAms to all:
Nidhidhyaasana
is required due to incomplete chitta suddhi. Hence it depends on the adhikaari-
For those who are like Nachikatas - shravana may be sufficient. For Sweteketu-s
- the teacher had to repeat nine times to clear out all the doubts. Hence manana was involved. For most of
us, scripture recognizes that we are approaching Vedanta with incomplete preparation
of the mind. The clear evidence is that even after knowing and understanding we are
getting caught up in the vyavahaara and sometime heated emotions expressed on
this list too. Abidance in the knowledge gained is not there, due to remnant
raaga and dveshas.
Hence
Nidhidhyaasana that involves meditation on the truth expounded by the scriptures or constant smarana of the brahmaatmaikatva bodha is
required and how long depends on the degree of the purity of the saadhaka. It
may few years or whole lifetime – depending on the purity of the mind.
 Hari Om!
Sadananda