[Advaita-l] Ramana's method

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 02:01:35 CDT 2012

Namaste

There is a better method than asking who am I. I wrote this sometime
back also. It is Idam Na Mama method. We have give Dana with Na Mama.
When we give more and more Dana to needy people we are moving closer
and closer to Advaita Jnana. Because every man is tightly gripped by
Maya he is thinking this house is mine this car is mine this money is
mine this property and belongings are all mine. To cut the tight grip
from Maya we have to say this is not mine Idam Na Mama. When we are
not having this is mine that is mine feeling Jnana will come Tat Tvam
Asi. This is mine feeling will cause Bandha by Maya. This is not mine
feeling will give liberation. The Dana method is explained in
Upanisads also.

Now Pitru Paksha is going on. We have to give Anna and other Dana to
Brahmins and make them happy. Then Pitrus will be pleased.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Suresh <mayavaadi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Namaste,
>
> Many people are of the view that Ramana's method of self-inquiry is effective to realize nondual awareness. But I am confused. By asking who am I, are we supposed to find an answer? What exactly is the point of the inquiry?
>
> Looking for some insights.
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh

-Venkatesh