[Advaita-l] Mahishasuramardini

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 01:06:13 CDT 2012

Namaste

Who is Asura? We tell children Asura has big body, red eyes, sharp and
long teeth and is very scary.But it is for children only. Who is
Asura? Asushu Ramate Iti Asura. He is enjoying Asus. The Asu is a
Prana or Life or Indriyas. A man enjoying with his Indriyas or body is
Asura. Mahisha is a buffalo.The buffalo is only thinking of himself
and enjoying.We are seeing many Asuras in society today. For
protection from Asuras we have to pray to Mahishamardini.

-Venkatesh