[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

narayan iyer z1e1b1r1a at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 02:08:31 CDT 2012

>> heard from a talk by Sri VeLukkuDi Krishnan Swami, a noted scholar of the
>>Srivaishnava sampradaya that when Sri Ramanuja was walking the street of a
>>town there was a very heavy downpour.  When someone from a Shiva temple
>>there called him in to rest for a while till the rain stopped, Ramanuja is
>>reported to have replied:  A pativratA will not go to a parapuruSha.  In
>>the same way I will not enter a temple other than Vishnu's.

My opinion is that these are purely urban legends, whether told by a scholar or not.
If questioned back by the Siva temple staffer, as to why a pativratA (Sri Ramanujacharya)
was walking down the street of a parapuruSha (Siva temple) I do not think Sri Ramanujacharya
would have had a satisfactory counter or why Sri Ramanujacharya could not foresee the downpour.

narayan