[Advaita-l] 'Chants in Cyberspace' स्वदेशो भुवनत्रयम्

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 06:06:41 CDT 2012

Namaste

To what extent your saying below AchArya Mukhena Karishye is supported
in Gruhya Sutras? It may be true for Non Dvijas only because they
cannot say Mantras.

I know one daughter of a Sanskrit scholar made a big issue of this in
her marriage. She was saying because Purohita said all Mantras she was
married to him.
Elders in her family somehow made her to go with bridegroom.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> No, it is not like that, in saMkalpa itself we ask the kartru to do
> saMkalpa as  'AchArya mukhena kAraishye' and wherever necessary we ask the
> kartru to say 'mama' or 'shvaH' karishyamANaH etc,. and we will ask him (
> the 'vara' or the  bridegroom)  to repeat almost all vivAha viniyOga
> maNtra-s (most of the maNtra-s comes in yajurAraNyaka ekAgni kAnda) during
> kanyAgrahaNa, dhAre, mAngalya dhAraNa etc. If the above argument is true,
> then every purOhita would have atleast 15-20 wives in marriage season
> every year :-))
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh