[Advaita-l] Priority of Pramana based on Knowledge Domain

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Sun Sep 16 05:22:23 CDT 2012

Dear Sri Rajaram Venkataramani
This knowledge of how and why we as humanbeings have come to inhabit this
earth has been engaging the attention of jnanis from Upanishadic times or
may be before.This knowledge has to be searched by each and every individual
and it can not be given in a platter .You have to find out whether science
holds the key or our vedantha.According to me we are all ill equipped to
know for certain this what this is.Let the search go on.I used to think that
a dog can not understand how a fan works.As for as humans are concerned they
can not know how the universe came off.Theories are putforth.All such
theories have their own inadmissibilities.Why in our own system we have
Mimasai,Vaiseshika,Sankhya,Charuvaka et al.Among so many millions of human
beings only very few are investigating the true nature of life.Advaita tries
to give rational answers for our mundane problems.In essence it says all are
kalpitham -play of mind.So it is for us to find out what we are
after.R.Krishnamoorthy.