[Advaita-l] Priority of Pramana based on Knowledge Domain

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 02:33:51 CDT 2012

Sankara in his introduction to the gita talks about the Lord projecting the universe and creating marici, sanatana etc. The opinion that brahma did the srshti has been oft-repeated in traditional works. I'm aware of illustrative anecdotes in the puranas such as the story of the city of nine gates. But I'd like to know if there is any evidence in the works of sankara or gaudapada to reject the entire creation story in the puranas.