[Advaita-l] Advaita and Islam?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:36:10 CDT 2012

Namaste

If so why is the author P Sankaranarayanan saying there is a
allegation against Advaita borrowing from Islam? Where is this
allegation? Which book? Who is making allegation?

Other facts. Nizam of Hyd has given costly crown jewels to Sringeri
Matha. When you are going to Sringeri you can see many villages with
Muslims and mosques nearby.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Srikanta Narayanaswami
<srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com> wrote:

>             From:
>             "Srikanta Narayanaswami" <srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com>
>

>                 To:
>                 advaita-l-request at lists.advaita-vedanta.orgThere
>  cannot be a greater joke in saying that Advatins got the idea from
> Islam.It is rather the otherway around when we have evidences  that the
> "sufi"system of religion in Islam,and the numerous saints starting from
> Dara shuko and many fakirs,got the idea from Advaita.speaking in a
> lighter vein,many years before,the word "Badari"in "Brahma sutra
> Bhashya"was interpreted as,"padari'meaning father in a church,etc.these
> are all fanciful stories which have no basis.
> N.Srikanta.

-Venkatesh