[Advaita-l] World is Flower in the Sky

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 23:09:24 CDT 2013

Namaste Sadananda Mahodaya

What is transaction reality ? If you are walking in a dream and you see a
stone in your dream. The stone is lying in the road. It is useless for you.
You will neglect it and go ahead. After some time in the same dream you are
seeing a silver peice in the road. You will think I can use this silver to
get money. You will try to take it but it is not silver. It is a shell.

After some time you meet a friend. He is telling you I have seen a flower
in the sky and a rabbit with horns. You will laugh at him and say it is not
true. If you are a child in the dream and mother tells a Ghost will eat you
if you are not eating your food. You will believe it and say the Ghost is
real but Mithya.

You are saying the stone in your dream is real but Mithya, the silver is
Mithya the shell is real but Mithya, the Flower in the Sky is Asat, the
Rabbit with Horns and the Ghost is Asat. Will you say the stone is Asat
because it is useless like Flower in the Sky?

In your dream if a jet plane can draw a picture of flower in the sky in
colour smoke you will agree it is also Drushya like stone and shell. If a
genetic scientist can make a Rabbit with horns you will agree it is also
Drushya.

This is a big confusion with things in a dream. The stone, the silver, the
shell, the Flower in the Sky, the Rabbit with Horns and Ghost all these
things are in a dream only. What is the difference? They are all false.

-Venkatesh