[Advaita-l] Drishti Srishti Vada, Srishti Drishti Vada

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 23:18:53 CDT 2013

http://www.vmission.org.in/vedanta/articles/drishtishristi.htm

'Broadly speaking there are two fundamental theories about creation. They
are: *Srishti-Drishti Vada* and the * Drishti-Srishti Vada*. The first,
Srishti-Drishti Vada means that 'We see the creation because it exists',
and the second one implies that 'The creation exists because we see it'.
The majority of people including today's scientific fraternity believe in
the former premise; however, vedanta proposes and believes the almost
revolutionary latter proposition that the truth is contrary, and in fact
all what is seen exists and depends on the very seer. '

'The implications of both these theories is profound. The one who thinks
that the world exists and therefore we see it, shall always remain
extrovert, and try to enjoy the world, in which he or she has temporarily
come into. Such a person shall always take him/her self to be a limited
person. This is a road to misery and bondage, and at the end of it such
people die too as a wanting mortal being. On the other hand those who
believe in the latter proposition and see the truth of it, bring about a
revolutionary change in their lives. A fundamental paradigm shift indeed.
Such a person obviously sees the profoundity and divinity of his / her
self. They are never dependent on things outside. They revel in contentment
in & by their own Self, and in fact they can create whatever they really
wish. They are the liberated ones, the so called Jivanmukta's.'

-Venkatesh