[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and the nana jiva vada.

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 06:27:36 CDT 2013

Namaste Srikanta Mahodaya

Kindly read the two Slokas GK VP here again and again and again and again
and again and again and again and again and again and again -

13 The Lord (Atman), with His mind turned outward, imagines in diverse
forms various objects either permanent, such as the earth, or impermanent,
such as lightning, which are already in His mind in the form of vasanas, or
desires. Again, He turns His mind within and imagines various ideas.

14 Those that are cognized internally only as long as the thought of them
lasts and those that are perceived outside and relate to two points in
time, are all mere objects of the imagination. There is no ground for
differentiating the one from the other.

Sloka 14 GK VP is here saying any idea in the mind and any outside object
are only IMAGINED. There is no difference between IDEA and OBJECT.

Very Important Equation by Gaudapada - IDEA = OBJECT same as OBJECT = IDEA

Any idea in your mind is unreal. Any object your eye is seeing. Both
are unreal.
Why? Because IDEA is imagined by mind. This mind is internal organ
Antahkarana. Any OBJECT is seen by external organ eye. Both internal organ
Antahkarana and external organ Jnanendriya can show only UNREAL things.
Why? Because both internal organ and external organ are UNREAL only. The
organs are not real. From UNREAL organ eye you can see unreal object only.
>From UNREAL organ mind you can imagine unreal object only.

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Srikanta Narayanaswami <
srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Namaste
>
> Gaudapada has said in GK VP 9-10 there is no difference between seen and
> imagined objects in dream and waking both. Why he is saying this? Everybody
> says dream objects are unreal. This is not new information for us.
> Everybody says imagined object like hare horns in waking are also unreal.
> This is also not new information for us.
>
> But he says seen objects in waking are also unreal. Why he is saying this?
> Because there is no difference between seen and imagined objects in waking.
> Why this? Because the seen objects are also imagined in the mind like other
> imagined objects.
>
> If I see a table in front of me it is only an idea in my mind.Because that
> table is in my dream only. It is not outside me. If I see a person he is
> also unreal. Because he is in my dream but not outside me. I am imagining
> the table and the person. They are only in my mind. They depend on me. If I
> am not there they are not there. If I am there they are there. This is
> Drishti Srishti Vada. The whole Universe is existing because I am seeing
> it. If I do not see it the whole Universe will not be there. This is Eka
> Jeeva Vada also

> In the karikas 9-10 of the vaitathya prakarana Gaudapada deals with the
> question of perception.The waking state objects differ from the dream
> objects because they serve for some utility.They can be said to be unreal
> only from the point of view of "Turiya",the fourth state.Gaudapada brings
> this question of perception by asking who indeed imagines them and who
> indeed perceives them.This he answers in the karika 11 We can only say the
> seen objects are unreal if we go to the fourth state.The waking state
> objects are said to be unreal like those in the dream only from the
> "Nyaya"(Logic)point of view.
> N.Srikanta.

-Venkatesh