[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 00:59:25 CDT 2013

Namaste

If you are saying Ishwara Vishnu is eternal with his four hands holding
Shankha and Chakra it is wrong according to Upanishads. In Upanishads it is
only Formless Nirguna Brahma is mentioned. Vishnu and Siva are not
described. They are Saguna Brahma. But they are also Nirguna Brahma if you
neglect the Qualities like Shankha Chakra and Trishula. If you see Vishnu
is Nirguna Brahma he is eternal. If he is Saguna Brahma carrying Shankha
and Chakra he is not eternal.

Para Brahma is Formless and has no Qualities. He is Nirguna. Ishwara is
Ruler of World. He has Qualities. But the Qualities are Maya only.