[Advaita-l] essays by Sri.Vidhusekhara Bhattacharya ??

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 10:48:20 CDT 2013

Namaste

Vidhusekhara Bhattacharya has edited Buddhist book Mahayanavimsaka of
Nagarjuna

http://www.amazon.com/Mahayanavimsaka-Trisvabhavanirdesa-Vidhusekhara-Bhattacharya/dp/0895819953

'The Mahayanavimsaka is a brief work attributed to Nagarjuna that
summarizes the Madhyamaka or "Middle Way" philosophy in only twenty verses.
The Trisvabhavanirdesa of Vasubandhu similarly summarizes the fundamental
Yogacara teaching of the "three natures" of all things in only thirty-eight
verses. They are among the most concise formulations known of the two great
Mahayana schools. These hard-to-find texts are here brought together for
the first time, forming a compact and authoritative sourcebook of the two
most
influential Buddhist philosophies, Madhyamaka and Yogacara. Included are
the Sanskrit and Tibetan texts.'

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Venkata sriram P
<venkatasriramp at yahoo.in>wrote:

> //
>
> I'm not familiar with his traditional scholarship but Vidhushekhara
> Bhattacharya is well known amongst Indologists as a scholar specializing
> in Buddhism.
>
> //
>
> He was professor of sanskrit at Calcutta University and was conferred the
> title "mahAmahOpAdhyAya" in 1936 by Govt. of Bengal.
>
> Vishwabharati University conferred the title "dEsikOttama" in 1957.
>
> He used to teach sanskrit to Sri Rabindranath Tagore.
>
> Probably, one of our members Sri Niranjan Saha can throw more light
> on his publications.
>
> regs,
> sriram

-Venkatesh