[Advaita-l] 'khsha' kAra in yajurveda saMhita maNtra-s

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Aug 28 00:13:24 CDT 2013

praNAms
Hare Krishna

In the saMhita maNtra-s (taitereeya krishna yajurveda) we find words like
dikhshu, khshetra, chakhshu etc. ( pls. note the mahAprANa 'kha' in these
words, example: khshetrasya patina vayaguM hiteneva jayAmasi etc. ) but as
we all know normally these words have only 'ka' (alpa prANa 'ka')..kindly
let me know which is the way of correct pronunciation while chanting
saMhita maNtra-s??   AFAIK, there is no word that has 'khsha' in Sanskrit
normal usage, we have only words like kshetra, dikshu, chakshu etc. with
alpaprANa 'ka' only.  Kindly give some more details on the usage of
'khsha' (mahA prANa)  in veda maNtra-s.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

PS:  My special request to Sri Ramakrishna Balasubramanian prabhuji and
Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji who have studied their respective veda shAkha
saMhita bhAga.