[Advaita-l] Desire, Jnana and Moksha

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 06:17:57 CST 2013

Pranams,

Ramana Maharshi says mind is nothing but continous flow of thoughts. I
think it is the same definition as given in Tatva Bodh. Sri Ramana Maharshi
says, mind of Jnani is Brahman. He also talks about mano laya and mano
nASa. I remember that in Vivek chudAmani it is said, destruction of desires
is nothing but liberation.

Mano laya = Jnani (e.g. Totapuri) - You enter into samadhi, but cannot
abide for ever
mano nASa = Jivan Mukta / Moksha - Sahaj Samadhi - no need ot meditate in
order to abide in Self

Aum

Sujal

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna