[Advaita-l] Real vs. Unreal

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 21:31:24 CST 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 1:54 AM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Excellent answer.
> RV: I agree that my analogy is flawed but my question is not. The
> non-existent world is perceived due to ajnAna. Why do I perceive it after
> dawn of knowledge?

It is the same ajnAna that produced the present body which has been
annulled by jnAna.  The jnAna dispels ajnAna and its effects no doubt.  But
the present body that is a product of ajnAna does not get killed by jnAna
immediately.  For anything to end, there is a certain process, also
initiated by the system that started the thing, which is a part of the
process.  So, the seer-seeing-seen triad, a product of ajnAna, will end
with the end of the body, in due course.

Also, it is to be understood that knowledge only ends the satyatva buddhi
with regard to the vastu.  When a person continues to perceive the world
with the mithyAtva buddhi there is no problem absolutely.

regards
vs