[Advaita-l] Goshti (was: Reply to Sri Vidyamanya Tirtha's observations)

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 01:06:44 CST 2013

What I think is that this is a Jnana Sabha :) In my short stay with AV-L, I
have Observed that the answers are given very seriously.

Q and A are always encouraged and not discussions and not pontifications :)

For me, this also has been a type of emotional outlet, as the one who can
stay with himself  24 x 7 would obviously not be here.

In this way, AV-L serves a lot of purpose and helps one clear doubts due to
the presence of sincere knowledgeable members. A little here and there or a
little de-railing is human nature.

But efforts should always be focused on Self Purification and this list is
supplementary to our main path.

Also note that rules and ideals of Treta Yuga cannot be applied in Kali
Yuga.

there cannot be Rama Rajya. Even Krishna had to break rules and ideals laid
down by Rama, as it was necessary. Then came Chanakya.

So questioning purity and comparing it with vedic rishi-s is not fair, as
mind has grown weak, but at the same time, mind should not be left loose,
else it will make you run here and there, is living in bare necessities or
with minimum requirements and keeping one in check is also imp. Sure
sanyasins are our role models and hence a black spot in white cloth is
easily visible.

Technology is available, it is up to us use it or not and if use it, to
what extend. We should not become habituated by it. This was my point.

Aum

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna