[Advaita-l] Vedas are not apauresheya according to the Vedas ?

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:18:21 CST 2013

There can be different reasons why one  accepts (or rejects) vedas as a pramana but  all reasons are not equally well thought through.

If pauresheya vedas are a pramana, then we can as well accept jesus or mohammad as rishis and give their teaching equal weight as you'd to the vedas.

But even a Sankara established siddhanta on the basis of shruti and smrti. And even smrti  is not valid if it contradicts shruti because the latter is apauresheya and hence pramana. Otherwise, there is no difference between the two

Therefore, Shruti, if apauresheya, holds a unique place for all schools of thought.