[Advaita-l] On rationality; was "Vedas are not apauresheya according to the Vedas ?"

S Srivastava sksrivastava68 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 19:35:24 CST 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 5:15 AM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I need not believe anything that Shruti says unless
> > I directly see its truth. I only have to entertain it as a tentative
> > hypothesis and verify whether my experience tallies with it or not.
> >

> RV: Then you have to perform a yajna, without sraddha until the success
> proves it. And it will never succeed because you did not have sraddha, a
> pre-requisite for success. There is a way out of this.

Sir:  My statement was in regard to Atma jnAna where you can verify the
truth of Shruti's declarations right here in your experience.

You seem to have some other goals in mind, which I did not realize.
Fortunately or unfortunately I do not have any desire for those goals which
are attained through yajna. So it seems that we were talking about two
different things. Sorry to interrupt in your discussion.

praNAm