[Advaita-l] On rationality; was "Vedas are not apauresheya according to the Vedas ?"

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 01:20:15 CST 2013

> Sir:  My statement was in regard to Atma jnAna where you can verify the
> truth of Shruti's declarations right here in your experience.
>
> You seem to have some other goals in mind, which I did not realize.
> Fortunately or unfortunately I do not have any desire for those goals which
> are attained through yajna. So it seems that we were talking about two
> different things. Sorry to interrupt in your discussion.

RV: it is fortunate or perhaps beyond fortune and misfortune (subhAsubhau)
in your case because your objective is Atma jnAnA. The statements such as
"tat tvam asi" are true as they are not controverted. Also, the statements
that teach the methods to remove ajnAna given are true to start with.

So, the theory that a statement is true until it is refuted is valid not
only in the case of yajnas but also in the case of brahma jnAnA.