[Advaita-l] aruNa prashna & upanishad chanting in evening

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jan 30 03:45:54 CST 2013

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

The case of the 'srIsUktam' is also there.  Someone who has done the
entire
yajurveda adhyayana told me that this sUktam is not there in the  Veda.

>  But I heard that this sUkta is there in Rigveda parishishta bhAga along
with sarpa sUkta etc..  Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji may give the reference
here.  But this sUkta also we chant in yajurveda style and sUkta bhAga
ends with the maNtra - yasyAM hiraNyaM prabhutaM gAvo dAsyOshvAn vindeyaM
purushAnahaM. And phala shruti starts from yashuchiH prayato bhUtva
juhuyAdAjya manvahaM..etc. And for Rigveda srisUkta we sya Rishi, devata,
chandas also like AnandakardamaschikleetendirAsutA RishayaH,
SriagnirdevatA, anushtup chandaH etc. etc.

Somehow it has acquired a veda status.  The mantra 'gandhadvArAm
durAdharshAm...shriyam.' alone is a genuine mantra he says.

>  Thanks for the clarification.  I think that is the reason why chanting
of this sUkta varies drastically.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar