[Advaita-l] Fwd: Hinduism: present day vs ancient practices

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 07:52:35 CDT 2013

Namaste

Kindly see forwarded email.

I have no info for how modern Hinduism compares to the ancient practices.

Some scholarly members can help.

I think in ancient times they were not showing off the religious practices
like now. They were doing everything secretly. But now they do Pujas, Homas
and religious functions grandly and saying mantras on loudspeakers. They
want to show all the people they are so good.