[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

Keshava PRASAD Halemane k_prasad_h at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 19 23:22:28 CDT 2013

Dear Sadananda-ji and Friends:

This may seem to be dragging the discussion sideways. However, when i read about vaikunTha and kailaasa from your post some thing occurred to my mind and i thought that i may as well share it with the group. Before i do that, here is a warning signal - my intention is not to drag the discussion sideways, but a sincere attempt to touch upon all aspects of whatever one is talking about.

Now let me pose my question -
If in fact vaikunTha and kailaasa are where mukta jIvas are posited, then is it not also true that they being there can not be subjected to any bindings from kaarmic cause-effect relationships? Now then, how do we explain the story/episode of jaya-vijaya dealing with sanaka+sananda etc?

Sorry if it is a distraction to deal with such questions.
I thought that it is a good food for thought any way.

Regards,
Keshava Prasad Halemane

Vaikunta and Kailaasa are supposed to be where mukta jiivas go, and therefore do not come under vyaavahaarika lokas as per Advaita. As per vishishTaadvaita, for example - they are lokas where there is no return back since they are liberated even though they will be transacting with each other and also serving the Lord, while enjoying infinite happiness.