[Advaita-l] Traditional Scholarship vs Modern Pseudo-Intellectualism

Venkata Subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 04:26:03 CDT 2013

________________________________
From: Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com>
To: Advaita List <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
Sent: Monday, 14 November 2011 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Traditional Scholarship vs Modern Pseudo-Intellectualism

b. There is  something to be learnt from professors in a modern academic
institution. If in today's world, we want to articulate a nuanced restatement
of traditional positions on the role of revelation in our own philosophical
traditions, we HAVE to reckon with more than three hundred years of academic
study of Indian traditions that has now been firmly established. And rather than
find fault with all of academia in a blanket sweeping fashion, learn from it and
reconfigure how to utilize the skills you may learn from it, in order to further
your own intellectual purposes.

== Well said.

Regards,
Venkat.