[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 21:15:54 CDT 2013

Well said Sri Sada ji.  No guNa can legitimately be in Brahman because
every guNa, without any exception, is attributed to brahman ONLY ensuing
from the world or jiva.  Without jagat/jIva there cannot be a single guNa
that brahman can have.  jagatkartRtvam, sarvAntaryAmitvam, saulabhyam,
saushIlyam etc... to have any or all of these Brahman has to depend on the
jagat/jIva.  For ONLY for their sake brahman bears the burden of these
guNas.  If not for them these need not be borne by brahman.  Advaita sees
this truth, on the basis of the shruti and declares brahman to be nirguNa
at the paramarthic level.  Brahman has to depend on those (jiva/jagat)
which depend on It for their very existence (paratantra satyam) to have any
guNas. That is the sorry state of Brahman if guNas have to be admitted in
it.

vs