[Advaita-l] I am Alone in the Universe?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 23:49:53 CDT 2013

Namaste Sir
On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM, kuntimaddi sadananda
<kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Simply stated any experience of an object implies its existence; otherwise mind cannot experience. This is true in vyaavahaarika or in praatibhaasika.
>
> The very existence of an object is supported by Brahman, the pure unqualifed existence. Object existence is only qualified existence with attributive content that differentiates one object from the other.

We can also think like this. I am seeing people and other objects when
awake and dreaming. They are only in my dream. They have Brahman
Adhishtana but what is Brahman? I am Brahman. I am seeing the people
and objects. But they are Me only. I am experiencing Me only in the
dream. There is nothing other than Me.

Big mistake I am making is I am Alone but I think I am with all these
people. They are also Me. The whole Universe is Me. I am Alone.

> Any object experience therefore involes the unqualified Brahman as adhiShThaanam and the qualifed attributes of an object, plus the subject, the reflected consciousness. Hence knowledge of any object whether in dream or in waking state involves the consciousness of the subject joining as though the existence in the form (attribute) of an object of one to be conscious of the existence of an object. The manudukya Up defines both waking and deam states in parallel as- ekona vimshati mukhaH.

Sir - there is no object in waking and dream. I am seeing Myself and
thinking I am seeing different things. All the time I am experiencing
Myself but by mistake  I am thinking I am seeing different things and
people.

> There cannot be anything other than Brahman, by definiton. Hence Brahman has to be adhishTaanam for everything or anything that exsits. Only thing that cannot exist are those with logical contradictions like vandhaaputraH.
>
> eka jiiva vaada pertains to understanding that I am a saaskhii. aneka jiiva vaada pertains to misunderstanding that I am ahankaara indentifying with BMI. Mithyaama jnaanam involves while perceiving the apparent plurality, recognizing the eka jiiva that I am; and that is self-realization. The rest is confusion.

In Aneka Jeeva Vada people are thinking there are many Jeevas like
them in the Universe. They will say all these people have Jeevas like
me. They are also trying to get Jnana like me.  If one Jeeva get
Moksha the other Jeevas will be here in the world. Still they will be
trying to get Moksha. The Universe will be there also. It becomes very
very complicated if we think like this. Aneka Jeeva Vada is not wrong.
It is also correct like Eka Jeeva Vada but it is complicated.

In Eka Jeeva Vadad we have to think like this. I am always dreaming.
These people are only in My dream.  They have no Jeeva like Me. Only I
am the Single Jeeva. My body and mind are also dream objects. I am
Alone in the Universe. I have Created the Universe. Brahma cannot
create Universe. I have created Ishvara and I am worshipping the dream
God. If I want the dream to end I have to go to dream Guru and get
instructions in dream Vedanta. Then I will realize I am Brahma. Then
this big dream will end. This is Moksha. Then I will be Brahman. Again
I am Alone. But I am not dreaming. There is no Universe remaining.
There are no Jeevas remaining.

> Hari Om!
> Sadananda

-Venkatesh