[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and nanajiva vada.

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 08:10:46 CDT 2013

Namaste

If you naturally feel like the people are dream characters thinking is
not required.

But a person if he is trying to adjust to the experience of everything
in waking is a dream he has to think like that. This thinking is for
beginners only. In the whole life from birth they are thinking all
people are outside them. Frequently repeating the thinking everything
in Jagrat Avastha is a dream is required for them. When they get
adjusted to this experience it may be natural for them.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM, S Srivastava <sksrivastava68 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... In Jagrat Avastha also you are seeing a dream. In Svapna the
>> persons are dream persons. In Jagrat also all persons are dream
>> persons. There is no difference. You have to think this. I am Alone
>> and I only am real. All these people are not real. They are in my
>> dream only.
>>
>> In Nana Jeeva Vada it is very complicated. What is the proof all these
>> people are real? Why I should think they are real like me? ...
>

> Sir: Thinking in a particular manner (..that all these people are in my
> dream) is not helpful. The fact that all the jIVa-s (including one
> particular jIva that claims subject hood) are just like dream characters-
> is to be seen clearly so that there is no need to "think" in a forced
> manner.
>
> If I have to "think" that all the jIva-s are in my dream, then clearly I
> have not seen this as a fact. If I have seen this as a fact, then I would
> no longer have any necessity to "think" in this manner. It will be my
> direct experience all the time.
>
> In fact if I don't really see that all the jIva-s are dream characters,
> then merely "thinking" so will be a false and worthless superimposition. It
> will not be helpful for paramArtha, but will screw up vyavhAra also.
>
> praNAm

-Venkatesh